Travel free of charge from July to September
On certain days for foot passengers, cyclists and the disabled
Free tickets Monday – Friday
The free travel period is extended!
From 2nd of august, the period of free travel days is extended to include all weekdays. This means that you can travel free of charge from Monday – Friday in August and September.
The free ferry travels within Denmark are still only valid for the following ticket types: foot passengers, cyclists and vehicles with a disability badge.
To qualify for free travel, you must still purchase your ticket online via the BORNHOLMSLINJENs website or app. Your money will then automatically be refunded to your payment card.
Up to and including 1st of august you can still travel free of charge on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Travel free of charge on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in July, August and September
The Danish government’s “summer package” means you can travel by ferry for free
The Danish government is, once again this year, offering free ferry travel within Denmark for foot passengers, cyclists and vehicles with a disability badge.
Passengers can book free tickets for BORNHOLMSLINJEN ferries on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in July, August and September.
To qualify for free travel, you must purchase your ticket online via the BORNHOLMSLINJEN website or app.
Your money will then automatically be refunded to your payment card.
Please note that you can only travel for free on BORNHOLMSLINJEN's domestic routes: Køge-Rønne and Rønne-Ystad.
We look forward to welcoming lots of travel-hungry summer guests to our ferries!
How to book your free tickets
To travel free of charge with BORNHOLMSLINJEN ferries:
- Book a ticket for the route Rønne-Køge or the route Rønne-Ystad online via the BORNHOLMSLINJEN website or app
- Select your ticket type: foot passenger, cyclist or vehicle with a disability badge
- Travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays in July, August or September
Please note that:
- Once we have registered that you travelled using the ticket, you will automatically receive a refund to your payment card.
- It is not possible to book a free ticket when you arrive at the port, and you cannot pay for the ticket by cash.
- The ticket will only be refunded if you use it.
- When you check in at the port, it is important that you enter the exact number of passengers on your booking. A ticket will only be refunded if it has been used, and this is registered when you check in at the port.
FAQs about free tickets
You will find some of the most frequently asked questions about the free 2021 summer tickets below – and the answers.